Monday, October 17, 2005

Better late than never....

Where have you been, you might be asking?! As I mentioned in the past, I was prepped for a fun-filled weekend with a multitude of friends. Since the schedule was so busy, and sleep was often a commodity, it was very difficult to find time to post. So...to recap my weekend (I'll go back and add photos later)

Friday night was the beginning of the adventure-weekend, with an annual trip to Halloween Horror Nights. In attendance: Me, Jess-Laney, Derek (the b-day boy!), Murph, Carlton, Jim & Clay, Scott, Wendy, Tommy, Ariel & Rucio, and Robert & his mother (whew!). Yes, it was a big group, but we managed to have a great time (we're very picky about our friends), and got to see EVERY HOUSE!!! That's right! For the first time in years, it was SOOOOO dead for a Friday night. The longest line we stood in was just over 30 minutes, and that was for Dueling Dragons, the coaster! The longest house line was 20 minutes! Even the Mummy only had a 10 min wait. We couldn't believe it....but we also weren't complaining. This year's event held up to years past - nothing really stood out, but it was still fun to attend and hang out with the group. However, this was the first year that I was VERY disappointed in their Bill & Ted show. First of all, the guy who plays Bill has been doing it for as far back as I can remember. This year's Ted was not too good. The main focus was Willy Wonka, since that was a big hit this year. Of course, they added lots of flesh, and even more four-letter words than usual (staying away from the BIG ones, of course). I have to say, though....their casting REALLY SUCKED!!!! Most of the people looked NOTHING like their characters (does Terri Hatcher REALLY have that big old fupa?!); um, yeah....Brad Pitt has blonde hair....and Fat Albert is fat ALL over...not just his waist! Come on Universal...we know you're not pushing for a Tony Award here, but at least give your audience the benefit of the doubt!

Saturday consisted of EPCOT's 10th Annual Food & Wine Festival....what can I say?! The weather was in our favor, and it was a GREAT day to hang out with friends around World Showcase. In attendance: Me, Jess-Laney, Derek, Dave-Iskra, Aaron & Melanie, Wendy, Mark & Danielle (accompanied by 5-week old baby Savyna), Phil, Al & Beau, and Corey & Terri. Again, a big group, but a fun group. There were lots of stops along the way....we all said it had been years since we took that much time to get around the entire lagoon. LOVE the weather! I really didn't see anything new that stood out on the food front this year - I kind of stuck to the old favorites. I will definitely go back before the end, however, so that I can try more food. For less than 20 bucks, I was able to have quite a nice selection of food: potato leek soup & flourless chocolate cake from Ireland; a Scandinavian meatball from...Scandinavia; lamb from Australia; and escargot (my yearly favorite), quiche lorraine, & chocolate creme brulee from France. YUMMY!!!!

That night, despite our afternoon of eating, it was back to my place for a BBQ. Nothing wild and crazy - no stories to tell. Overall, I think (hope) Derek had a good time and enjoyed himself! The chocolate strawberry ice cream cake was DELICIOUS!!!! (Thanks to our friends Kristan, Angela, Jamie, and Wendy, who work at Cold Stone for getting their discount...and the cake!!) We also had a chance to break in the firepit that night....I'm very happy to say it was a success (the neighborhood is still standing). Too bad the mosquitoes were a problem...I'll need to figure out how to resolve that for future use.

Jess-Laney and I did Sea World on Sunday (haven't been there in ages!). Saw some new shows....they are definitely trying to be more theatrical, and also very Cirque....good attempt, but still not there. It's basically a nice park to spend the day and relax...the few rides are fun, but they're not the focus.

So, I'm back to the land of blog....oh! There is a link on the right for my trip....site is still "under construction". Hopefully, I can get to it tonight or tomorrow night, following work!

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AL!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home