Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A tribute to the fall of another bachelor....

I spoke with my best buddy Timmy (TIM-MAY!!!) today, who lives with his fiance near LA in California. Next summer, the two of them are going to be getting married here in St. Pete, FL., and I have been given the honor of being a member of their wedding party as one of the best men/groomsmen (he's got four guys who are important to him for different reasons, so we all share the title). Since the four of us aren't in the same area, and don't know each other well (or haven't kept in touch since college), a bachelor party will most likely take place once he and his birde-to-be arrive the week prior to the wedding. So...

...since Timmy and I are very close, I wanted to do something special with just him and I. We talked on the phone today, and he's all for it! The ideal trip would be a long weekend trip over to Amsterdam (believe it or not, tickets are VERY cheap during the spring, due to all of the college students). More realistically, however, I've decided to fly out west (since I LOVE CA!!!), and he and I are going to do a buddy road trip up the west coast. With the help of my friend, mapquest, I've determined that it will only take us about 20 hours to get from LA to Vancouver (aka, Amsterdam state-side). Along the way, we'll make some pit stops - San Fran, Napa (can't miss out on wine country), Portland, Seattle....if we make it as far as Vancouver, that will be great, but I'd like to at least make it to Seattle - I've always wanted to travel up the west coast and see the scenery: mountains, oceans, etc. Depending on how much time that takes, we may make a quick jaunt over to Vegas to catch a show...hey, if you're all the way out west, Vegas really isn't too far!

For those wondering "why no pics or info from your overseas trip?!" Well, since there is SO much information to share, and SOOO many pics, I've decided to create a second blog that is strictly dedicated to the trip. It's not up and running, yet, but as soon as I dedicate some time and energy to it, I'll be sure to provide the link.

Jeff #2 seems to have fun quotes to share, or "things he knows for sure" each week....maybe I'll have to enlist the concept of imitation being the highest form of flattery and snag some of his ideas for my own creative license...

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenLitLindy said...

I just love that I've been mentioned twice on your site.

You do love me, Jeffrey!

Lindy

07:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so how's this for ODD? I was reading your blog and this song "amsterdam" by Guster was playing on my MusicMatch!!!! Tim-May married, *sigh*

09:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home