Friday, September 30, 2005

Is it REALLY that hard to come to work....????

Explain to me how someone can have a perfectly clean record, with no reprimands on their file, and in only a month's time, receive three (four equals termination), and then add two call-ins to that within a 30-day period?!! (The third call-in point makes for a 4th reprimand, which in turn makes for termination). In all honesty, the person no-called, no-show, which is automatic two-point, so in theory, they're gone....I don't get it....one of the HARDEST places in the world to get fired from....(Yo Al!) No one has made contact, though....so let's hope there is nothing seriously wrong...

On another note....today is my "Saturday"...GOD BLESS THE WEEKEND!!!! As most of you have read, it has been non-stop for me since I've been back from my trip...I'm glad to actually have a weekend with nothing on the books...I definitely would like to catch a couple of movies (Corpse Bride and Serenity being my top two must-sees).

Today also marks a very special time of year in celebration....FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL kicks off today at EPCOT!!! Not only is it my favorite time of year, weather-wise, but you get great food and great wine in a great atmosphere...it's GREAT! This year should be an interesting experience, however. As many of you know, I have taken a self-induced sobriety/cleansing over the last few months (last drink was in March)...not for any particular reason. Just thought I would take a break for a bit....I'm thinking by New Year's or next birthday (March), I'll make the leap off the wagon! Of course...all of that wine around me may be too tempting to resist a sip here or there.... ;-)

Only two weeks until Jess Laney gets here!!! YAY!!!!! (And yes, I typed her full name for those that don't know her, but she's also one of those people who requires both names when you talk about them....perhaps it should be Jess-Laney). She is my best friend from college (go Noles!), and lives in (????), Alabama....Irondale....no, that's not right...I know it as the "creek-bank", so we'll just say that's where she lives in Bama! Jess is coming in town for the big Derek Crabbs' 30th birthday weekend. She doesn't know him, but we'll be doing Halloween Horror Nights, Food and Wine, and various other social gatherings that weekend, so the timing is impecable...plus, she needs to get the hell out of dodge for a little while....keep away from those psycho neighbors.... ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Princeton - close to Huntsville! Lawd Kile, I've been mentioned in a blog!!!! You're right I need out! Keep me up from dusk til dawn and I'll try not to fall asleep early! =)

14:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JessLaney Rocks!
And yes, she does need to be referred to by both names...

Have fun in Florida, JessLaney and JeffSemanStevens...

16:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're wrong Jeff, it's quite easy to get fired from said place of work. All you have to do is call in sick for 2 weeks straight and PRESTO! Appreciate the shout out. :) -Al

17:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home