Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I WANT MY MTV!!!!

Sometimes I think it's a curse to be considered a part of "Generation Y"...despite our best efforts, we tend to lose patience in the simple things in life, and want it NOW!!!! What happened to that tiny tickle feeling you would get as the weeks approached for Christmas morning? Or that gut sensation as you anticipate a major trip? Do you remember the excitement as your 16th, 18th, and 21st Birthdays approached? [I would say 30, but 1) I'm not there, yet, and 2) it's turned into somewhat of a dread for me these past couple of years...sorry older readers!]

With such a powerful opening, one would think there's some big moral dilemma I face right now...the answer....TELEVISION!!!! Why is it that I can't seem to enjoy the suspense and un-knowingness (word?!) that each new episode of a favorite show brings? Are there aliens among us? Will they ever get off the island (and what exactly IS the island)? Is Vaughn REALLY dead? Will Faith ever grow up and leave her sister's place (OK, I threw that one in for frivolity's sake).

Tonight's case and point: one of my new-season intrigues, INVASION. A hurricane takes place in Florida (gee, there's something unique), but in actuality, it appears to be some sort of governement cover-up/alien invasion. Now, the whole part about whether or not it's aliens, that's pretty much a GO. The question that lingers is: what are they, why are they here, and how are they truly going to affect the leading characters?! It's one of those situations where the hints become SO subtle, and SO slow-moving, that it almost makes it "not worth the watch". But then, the curiosity kicks in, and I can't help but tune in next week to see what happens. And as I may have mentioned before, a silent prayer that I don't give up on something that may stick around, or end up losing something that I've come to love. (I'm sure NO ONE watch it last year, since it's still not around, but I LOVED "The Mountain") Care to share your favorite TV RIP?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I'll bite. I HATED that they canceled Boston Common some years ago - seemingly mid-season AND another REALLY good show was Freaks and Geeks - Loved it and it was gone so quickly.

10:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home