Friday, October 07, 2005

In the end, the persistent truly come out on top...

Well, I'm happy to report that battle with SunTrust has ended today (at least the war is over). Since the back-and-forth e-mail system was getting me nowhere, I decided to go into the bank to plead my case. No branch manager was available, so I thought "Oh shit, this will be great!" Fortunately, any one of the "customer service" reps was able to handle my situation.

Before I even sat down in her office, she said that she would take care of my fees....having not said a word, I wondered if they had somehow pulled me up in the system, and giant red flag said "DO WHAT HE WANTS, OR HE MAY GO POSTAL!!!". The reality, was that she recognized the penalty slips in my hand, and was going to assist me...wow...maybe they DO have great "customer service". Next...and this is where things get kind of fuzzy and confusing....I start to tell her the situations I've been placed in, and how they show the money as pending, blah blah blah....not really caring about my story, she is very quick to answer my questions (but in a sort of, cut-you-off-I-don't-have-time-for-you manner). She then proceeds to tell me that, like my previous incident, she can only erase so much of the fee...again, I start to tell a story...either she realized that the company she works for is a total scam operation, or my barely full sentence bored her enough that she was willing to deal it. In the end, I left the bank with a $0 balance. Not wanting to rock the boat, since things ended in my favor, I pondered if I lost any money in this "service". I get home to do the calculations....if you give me back the $28 bucks I was penalized the first time, it came out that SunTrust actually lost $.40 in the deal...that's right....a mere "cents". I'll be checking my statement at a later time to make sure it says zero, but I'm happy to report all has ended well, and I'm one step closer from relinquishing my SunTrust chains.

The only reason I still have the account is for the Vodafone incident, which is still pending....hopefullly, I'll be receiving a HUGE refund from that, then I can walk away with cash-in-hand for my new, more inviting, banking adventure...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home