Sunday, October 09, 2005

No rest for the weary...

Well, it's back-to-work Monday for me! Which also means I won't be getting any "day off" rest for a couple of weekends. Yes, that's right....so begins the 30th birthday week for Derek Crabbs!!! Fortunately, I have some night shifts this week, so I'll be able to sleep a little later in the mornings. :-)

Jess-Laney arrives around noon on Friday, and it's non-stop until Monday! As I've mentioned before, Horror Nights at Universal is Friday night, followed by Food & Wine, with a birthday blowout Saturday night at my house. Sunday, Jess-Laney and I have decided to hit Sea World, since I can enjoy the perks of parental work exposure, and she hasn't been in AGES!!!! (OK, she's not that old!) ;-)

Also, this weekend, the group will be joined from the far-off land of Sarasota by Allison (YO AL!)and Beau. Al and I used to be roommates, with our buddy Tamara (T) when we all graduated from college. A funny side-note....Allison and I went to the SAME school (GO NOLES!), and graduated on the SAME day, BOTH with Theatre degrees, only sitting two seats from one another during graduation....and we didn't meet one another until she and Tamara were looking for a roommate in Orlando! Talk about a small world! Even funnier...in her graduation video, apparently her parents were sitting somewhere close to mine, and you can hear them saying "who the hell is this guy waving in our camera?!"...THAT WAS ME!!!!! T and Al met when they did the FSU London Theatre program in Fall of 99....which I had done in 98, and told Tamara she could attend as a transfer student (she's from CO)!!!! Crazy, crazy!

It's only the beginning of October, but it sure feels like the holidays are quickly approaching...lots of milestone birthdays in the near future, and I'm sure we'll find some reason to go into rehearsals....AGAIN....at work. No worries...more late nights for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home