Monday, March 05, 2007

Three for Three...

OK...I will post the other two pics afterward...but wanted to get this one up on the site for you to see...(I'll forewarn you...the other two aren't anything fancy...I always seemed to NOT have my camera on me at the moment I was doing things throughout the day! UGH!)



Yes...that's right...after YEARS of decision-making and postponing, I have FINALLY joined the ranks of the INKED!!!

I got it done on Saturday morning, at a place called INKREDIBLE INK. It took two full hours to complete...not as painful as I thought it would be (which was a relief!)...the spine was probably the worst part, but some of the fill-in was tough, too.

The meanings....the bird is a Phoenix, which represents "life/rebirth"...the four Japanese kanji are: earth, wind, water, and fire.

It's a little larger than I was anticipating, as well...but they had to blow it up to make the kanji legibile.

It's also a work-in-progress...would like to build on it over the years, as a representation of my life...things that are important to me, my past, etc....yeah, who knew I was this deep! :-P

Still in a little bit of shock that I went thru with it...but happy, nonetheless! It is pretty painful right now...can already feel it starting to blister/itch under the skin....AND I CAN'T TOUCH IT!!!! Oh well...only 10 more days of this, right?! YIKES! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! ...When did you start blogging again?

xoxoxo
JSL

15:32  
Blogger JL said...

I like it. I finally got to read today what it all "meant". Welcome to the Inked world! :-)

14:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home